Topic - Bentley University MA346
Mathematical topics include functions and relations, a review of basic statistics, and (time permitting) networks, matrices, and an introduction to supervised learning.
Computing topics include Jupyter notebooks (locally and in the cloud), Python and pandas, abstraction, concatenation and merging, map-reduce, split-apply-combine, data munging, version control, and dashboards.
Communication topics include best practices for writing reports, documenting code and computational notebooks, and data visualization.
- How to do basic mathematical computations
- How to quickly load some sample data
- How to compute summary statistics
- How to create basic plots
- How to add details to a plot
- How to change axes, ticks, and scale in a plot
- How to create a histogram
- How to create a box (and whisker) plot
- How to create a QQ-plot
This page is not yet complete. More content will be added here over time.
Content last modified on 03 August 2023.
Contributed by Nathan Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org)