Topic - Bentley University MA252
MA252 is an undergraduate statistics course at Bentley University that focuses on model building using regression. The description from the course catalog can be found here.
It covers simple linear regression, multivariate linear regression, logistic linear regression, model building, transformations, and interactions.
- How to fit a linear model to two columns of data
- How to compute a confidence interval for the expected value of a response variable
- How to compute R-squared for a simple linear model
- How to predict the response variable in a linear model
- How to fit a multivariate linear model
- How to add an interaction term to a model
- How to add a polynomial term to a model
- How to add a transformed term to a model
- How to compute a confidence interval for a regression coefficient
- How to compute adjusted R-squared
- How to compute covariance and correlation coefficients
- How to compute the standard error of the estimate for a model
- How to do a hypothesis test of a coefficient’s significance
- How to do a test of joint significance
- How to do a Spearman rank correlation test
Content last modified on 03 August 2023.
Contributed by Nathan Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org)